The Favards campsite and wine estate have always been committed to sustainable development.
We are sensitive to the impact of human activity on our beautiful planet. We want to minimize the footprint we leave there for future generations.
At our level, we apply simple measures, which we want to maintain over the long term:
- WASTE MANAGEMENT AND RECOVERY
- Sorting waste at the campsite is simple:
Brown container: household waste
Yellow container: plastic and metal packaging
Green container: glass bottles and jars
Blue container: paper and newspapers
Gray container: bio-waste (food, plants, paper towel, egg box)
Battery collector at the reception: used batteries
- At the Favards restaurant we don't like to throw away leftovers, and that's why our hens are the happiest!
- Recycling of frying oil, use of non-disposable dishes for the restaurant and use of recyclable or glass containers for take-out service.
- Prioritization of exchanges by email over mailings, invoice sent by email and not printed. Use of both sides of paper for our drafts.
- CONSUMPTION MANAGEMENT
- Our trips are made by electric cart or on foot on the campsite.
- Charging station for electric cars.
- The household and cleaning products used are environmentally friendly.
- Drip irrigation is installed with a water reserve, which we use to water our plants.
- LOCAL PRODUCTION AND SHORT CIRCUITS
- Suppliers and service providers from the department or region to promote short circuits and the local economy.
- The Favards campsite is also a wine estate, we sell and have our organic wines tasted.
- We produce our oil from olives harvested on the campsite.
- We plant and use aromatic herbs that are accessible to everyone in the Campsite
- More than half of our restaurant menu is homemade with products from farmers in our neighboring villages.
We don't inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry